Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 6, 2008

WHUMC Women's Retreat






Last weekend (Saturday & 1/2 day Sunday), I attended our church's women's retreat. This is my second year to go and my second year to be on the design team. I work with a group of 5 other ladies throughout the year to plan these awesome retreats. I missed out the first year they had one b/c I was nine months pregnant.
This year, we had a great turn out with a great group of women. It was so nice to get away (though I missed my family terribly) but I did enjoy some girl time. We were also blessed with an amazing speaker, Michel Cushatt (www.michelecushatt.com). She did a great job and we learned alot.
I would say I got plenty of rest but my roomies/friends (Alli & Wendy) & I stayed up until 2am talking. It was so worth it. Though tired, I left there refreshed and renewed! And Kevin got to enjoyed a weekend with his sweet baby girl!
God is so good and he definitely blessed me through out my weekend!

I was a little bummed that I missed the Tech/UT game. We sold our tickets b/c I had this planned a year ago. But we did make some money so that was nice.
One picture is of 3 of us girls watching the play by play on Andi's blackberry!

1 comment:

The Azams said...

That's so great! We had a women's retreat at our church but, we stayed in DC. Where do you guys go? Do you stay at a hotel? I think it would be great for our ladies to actually get out of DC next time. Our church could really use something like that. If you don't mind sharing all the details, I'd love to know!