Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 6, 2009

C is for Cookie!













I've always worked with Mallory with her colors, number, letters, etc. but recently I decided to start focusing on a letter a week so she could really understand and make connections.
Last week, we worked all week on the letter "C". We read our letter book (Thanks so Aunt Sis, we have this cool box of books that have a book for each letter), we make some kind of craft...usually pictures that begin with the letter, and etc. On Friday we made a plate of pretend cookies before making the real ones. And then last Sunday we ended the week by making cookies and decorating them with the letter "C". She had a great time and so did I. She knows the song from Sesame Street..."C is for Cookie" but I think this really helped her make the connection.
This week we have been working on the letter "D" so we made a fun picture of Daddy and tomorrow we're going with Daddy to get Donuts!
I love to watch her learn & grow! It is so fun! And I get to put my degree in Elementary Education to good use!!

4 comments:

Michael & Meaghan said...

You are such a creative mommy!

The Azams said...

And the "Mom of the Year" Award goes to....Meredith Galyean!
You're such a GREAT mommy! Mallory's going to be the smartest kid on the block! :)

Momma said...

Super-cute idea! I'm going to have to break out our cookie cutters!

Lisa Parsons said...

Cookies, donuts...how do I get in on this? No really, what a great idea!