Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 24, 2009

Mallory's Big Girl Bed!













After 2 years and 8 months in her crib (minus the time in her bassinet in our room when she was born), Mallory finally got a big girl bed! Yesterday morning, Kevin & I took down her crib & turned it into a full size bed...sniff sniff for Mommy! Mallory said "Bye bye crib, see you later!" Then at 2pm the Mattress Firm guys delivered her beautiful bed! We haven't switched her sooner because she did so well in her crib....slept 12 hours at night, took 2 hour naps, and never tried to climb out. We figured...why mess with what works. Well I started to feel quilty that she was still sleeping in her crib (all of her friends have big girl/boy beds & she was getting so long in there) so we went out a couple of weeks ago and found the perfect bed for her. I wasn't sure how she would do but oh my gosh, she LOVES it. Last night was her first night to sleep in it and she did great. And today is her first nap and so far so good!
We are hoping this continues! She has always done great an transitions! I have also put a digital clock in her room so in the mornings, she can't get out of bed until she sees a 7 in the first spot (I covered up the other 2 numbers).....it worked this morning...the only exception, of course, is if she needs to go potty or needs something. I got this idea from my Sis' friend Noell.
Again, we are so proud of our sweet Mallory.

1 comment:

Lisa Parsons said...

What a nice bed! It's bigger than mine was up until I graduated from college! I'm so glad she is adjusting so well and I love the 7 idea! I am kicking Claire out of her crib when she's 2 cause we'll need it for the baby so I hope she does this well!