Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Zoo






Last Friday, three of my girlfriends and I took our sweet little girls to the El Paso Zoo. We went last year but this year, Mallory really enjoyed it and recognized most of the animals. She would point at them then either say their name, their sound, or both.
I let her walk most of the time. She does a great job of not running off but just in case I put her wrist band on with the attached handle. It was the first time we used it. So yes, I put my daughter on a "leash" but you gotta do what you gotta do! She enjoyed walking around and I had the peace of mind that she was not going to run off.

It was perfect weather and we all had a great time together. We spent 3 hours walking around and enjoyed a picnic lunch. It was a super, fun day! (I love the last picture in front of the alligator...look at that face!!)

1 comment:

The Azams said...

How fun to have friend's with kids the same age! Looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE the Zoo...any time we are in Dallas I make David take me to the Fort Worth Zoo!